Welcome WashU managers! Here you can find training and resources to help you lead and cultivate an enriching employee experience.
Welcome New Managers!
WashU Manager Orientation
Complete your required Learn@Work orientation training within your first 90 days at WashU.
Workday’s Manager Training Guide
Manager-specific step-by-step tutorials, reference guides and eLearnings to familiarize yourself with Workday, WashU’s human resources and financial administration system.
Onboarding New Employees
As of March 30, 2023, we are excited to announce the return of in-person New Employee Orientation (NEO) for newly hired staff!
Manager Help & Resources for Onboarding Staff
Learn more about orientation and compliance training that needs to be done within 30 days of the start date.
Learn more about onboarding in the Welcome to WashU Hub.
The Manager’s Resource
Staff Recognition and Milestone Service Awards | 2023
WashU recognized as a top workplace
Search & Interviewing
- Recruitment contacts
- Acceptable and unacceptable interview questions (PDF)
- Behavioral-based interview questions (PDF)
- Benefits recruiting guide (PDF)
- Employee benefit cost comparison (XLS)
- Sample total pay statement staff (PDF)
- Sample total pay statement faculty (PDF)
- Recruiting in Workday reference guide
Executive Search Services
WashU’s executive search services team supports search committees by bringing executive search industry best practices to high-level/high impact openings assuring a well-qualified diverse slate of candidates. With more than 50 years of combined health care and academic search experience, the team has previously served in leadership roles for leading executive search firms before establishing the in-house service more than 10 years ago.
Contact Mark Prosperi
Executive Director of Talent Management and Executive Search
- Performance evaluation forms
- Request for job review form (PDF)
- Personnel review justification form (PDF)
- How to provide effective feedback (PDF)
WashU’s highly experienced Applied Leadership team is dedicated to assessing, researching, designing, delivering, and evaluating support for WashU leadership. We work on strategic planning and implementation, leadership coaching and development, individual and team assessments, team culture change, change management, performance improvement, and retreat planning and facilitation.
Additional Supervisor Resources
- 360 feedback FAQs (DOC)
- 7 steps to develop a position back-up plan (PDF)
- Engage/stay interviews (PDF)
- Re-recruiting existing employees resources and tools for leaders (PDF)
- Skip-level reviews (PDF)
- Working remotely playbook; Strategies, tips and tools for managing and working (PDF)
- Leadership coaching FAQs (PDF)
- Guide to successful coaching strategies (PDF)