Welcome WashU managers! Here you can find training and resources to help you successfully lead and cultivate an enriching employee experience.
Please reference the Welcome to WashU Hub for onboarding a new employee.
Manager & Supervisor Resources
Search & Interviewing
- Recruitment contacts (PDF)
- Acceptable and unacceptable interview questions (PDF)
- Behavioral-based interview questions (PDF)
- Benefits recruiting guide (PDF)
- Employee benefit cost comparison (XLS)
- Sample total pay statement staff (PDF)
- Sample total pay statement faculty (PDF)
- Recruiting in Workday reference guide
Executive Search Services
The executive search services team supports search committees by bringing executive search industry best practices to high-level/high impact openings assuring a well-qualified diverse slate of candidates. With more than 50 years of combined health care and academic search experience, the team has previously served in leadership roles for leading executive search firms before establishing the in-house service more than 10 years ago. Please contact Mark Prosperi, executive director of talent management and executive search, to learn more.
- Performance evaluation forms
- Request for job review form (PDF)
- Personnel review justification form (PDF)
- How to provide effective feedback (PDF)
- Compensation program objectives
- Writing a job description
- Job description template (DOC)
- Research job description instructions (PDF)
- Bonus authorization form (DOC)
- Additional compensation resources
Applied Leadership focuses on developing, improving, and sustaining organizations, leaders and teams. Our highly experienced team is dedicated to assessing, researching, designing, delivering, and evaluating support for WashU leadership. We work on strategic planning and implementation, leadership coaching and development, individual and team assessments, team culture change, change management, performance improvement, and retreat planning and facilitation. Please contact Karen Sanders, Senior HR Organizational Development Consultant, to learn more. Resources for supervisors are also located below.
Your Role as a Leader – Taking Care of Your Employees
Encourage your team members to expand their knowledge and participate in staff courses available through WashU’s Learning & Development team.