There are many online, on demand learning opportunities for professional development to help you expand and refine your skills.
These are designed with flexibility and convenience in mind, and to provide information and skills you need, when you need it most, and at your own pace. Human Resources works to embed these online learning tools into our overall learning framework to help employees and managers in their daily work and management of university operations.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning solution designed to enhance the learner’s experience and provide skills and knowledge to facilitate a more informed and capable university community.
NEW! All current Washington University students, faculty, and staff now have access to LinkedIn Learning’s resources, which cover a broad range of topics from Adobe to Zoom.
With LinkedIn Learning, you get
- Unlimited access to more than 7,500 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics, including all Lynda.com content.
- Learn in multiple languages, including, but not limited to, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
- Personalized recommendations of the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
For technical support on LinkedIn Learning, visit IT’s how-to support page for LinkedIn Learning.
Gale Courses are interactive online courses on a wide range of topics. Like Lynda.com, Gale courses are free for cardholders at St. Louis County Library or St. Louis Public Library (same links to both as noted above under Lynda.com).
edX is one of the most widely used websites for MOOCs—massive, open online courses for academic, professional, and personal development. edX houses online courses taught at top colleges and universities.
Coursera is another website for MOOCs that includes hundreds of online courses on a range of topics for personal and professional development.
Class Central is the #1 search engine for free online courses and MOOCs.