Step 1: Exploring Open Positions
WashU has multiple options in place for exploring new opportunities and making sure you can grow and develop within your career pathway.
- All of our staff positions are listed on our job website Jobs.wustl.edu; once on this site, you can click Search Jobs.
- If you are a current employee, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions (Internal Applicants/Current Employees).
- If you are a current student or alumni of WashU, please feel free to get in contact with any of our school career services:
- If you are seeking an internship opportunity and are not a student, alumni, or employee of WashU, please get in contact with the Dean’s Office of the School for which you are interested in interning. Also, you may contact the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences for internship opportunities, both within and outside, of biology research.
- All of our staff openings are listed on our job website: jobs.wustl.edu.
- If you are not a current WashU employee, click on Sign In found in the upper right-hand corner to create your candidate home account. Then click Create Account.
- Provide an email address and password. Read the terms and conditions statement, check the box and complete creating your account.
- If you are a current WashU employee, see to Frequently Asked Questions (Internal Applicants/Current Employees).
- To apply to open job requisitions from your candidate home account, a list of open job requisitions may already appear on your screen. If not, click Search for Jobs in the upper right corner.
- From the list of job openings, you may search by keyword, or filter openings by Full/Part Time, Job Type, Job Category, Job Family or by distance.
- Once you find a job that interests you, make sure you meet the Required Qualifications. Click the Apply button and begin the application. Upload your resume and supporting documents, list your education and experience and complete all required additional information.
- Before submitting an application, please review all the information you have provided and make sure the correct documents have been uploaded. You will be unable to make any changes to your resume once it has been submitted. Click Submit.
Please keep in mind that if you are unable to navigate or access the application system, it might be due to the browser version you are using. Try closing all other browser windows you have open and try again. If the error persists, try using a different internet browser and make sure it is up to date. Try temporarily disabling pop-blockers. It is recommended to use Chrome as your internet browser.
Academic, faculty, teaching, postdoc, etc. positions are managed entirely by the designated school within the university. Our recruitment team does not have established communication into the status of their hiring process. If you are interested in any faculty/academic positions at Washington University in St. Louis, we encourage you to contact the Dean’s office of the school in which you are interested. While you may see some faculty positions posted at jobs.wustl.edu, not all schools post faculty positions to this site.
- You may refer to the relevant school’s individual web page accessible through the main university website, located at wustl.edu.
- Prospective Washington University School of Medicine faculty may find postings at Facultyopportunities.wustl.edu.
- Prospective postdoctorals can find more information at Postdoc.wustl.edu.
If you have submitted an application or have had previous contact about a position, please follow up with your previous point of contact.
Step 2: Applying for Positions
When you start your application, you have four options: Autofill with Resume, Apply Manually, Use My Last Application, or Apply with LinkedIn. For each of these options except Apply Manually, the application system will parse available information, such as contact information, work experience, and education into the appropriate fields in the application. Review the information and make edits as necessary. You will have the opportunity to attach other documents in the My Experience section of the application.
Upon application submission, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address associated with your Workday account. You can also confirm application submission by referring to the Candidate Home tab and then My Applications. There you will see the title of the job posting, job requisition number, and the date submitted as well as an application status.
Please know that when you apply for a specific position, your application information is immediately accessible by the hiring manager(s) associated with that position at the same time that it is accessible by HR Recruitment.
Status of an Application
Status information of an application is available in the Candidate Home tab under the My Applications section. You can view the status of both your active and inactive applications.
The status will update automatically as your application progresses in the process or is declined. If declined, your application will move to the Inactive tab under My Applications.
For each application you submit, you may upload up to five pertinent documents. This could include resume/CV, cover letter, work samples, certifications, etc. These can be added in the My Experience section of the application. Some job requisitions might ask you to upload additional documents in the Application Questions section, if applicable.
Please keep in mind that once an application has been submitted for a particular position, you will not be able to change the uploaded document(s), add additional documents, or make any changes to that submission.
Step 3: Managing Your Workday Applications and User Account
Unfortunately, no. All applications become permanent record in the system following the submission to a particular position. Because of this, the system will not allow any changes or edits to an application that has been submitted for that position.
While you are not able to make changes once you submit an application, you are able to edit your personal data for any future applications, such as your name, address, and phone number by going to the Candidate Home tab and the My Account section > Update Contact Information. You can update the email address associated with your account by going to the My Account section > Edit Account Settings.
You may withdraw your application for any reason from the Candidate Home tab under My Applications > Action > Withdraw Application. It will ask you to confirm that you want to withdraw your application; once you withdraw, you cannot reapply to the same job requisition.
Your user name is the email address associated with your account. If you forget your password or your account is locked after too many failed sign-in attempts, please follow the Forgot your password? link found on the Sign In pop up window. You will be asked to enter your email address and will shortly receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to reset your password. Please check your spam/junk folders if you do not see the email.
Due to the large volume of inquiries and applications we receive, the hiring managers and recruiters are unfortunately not able to follow up/meet directly with everyone who has applied.
You can check your application status at any time on the Candidate Home tab under My Applications. This status under My Application Status will update automatically as you move forward to interviews, reference checks, offers, or if declined for the position. If your application is declined, it will move to the Inactive tab under My Applications.
Application and resume documentation you provided will be reviewed as a possible fit for the needs of a position for which you have applied. Should you be selected to move forward in the process, someone will reach out to you directly to discuss your background and qualifications.
Hiring managers often have highly demanding schedules, and so it may be awhile before they are able to begin reviewing candidates. In addition, some positions may receive well over 100 applicants, and so it may take additional time to review everyone that has applied.
If your question was not addressed or you need additional assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team at CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu.