Resources and guidance for creating and fostering optimal work arrangements.
Flexible scheduling considers varying work schedules. Flexible scheduling is about changing the hours you work, start and stop times, numbers of hours per day or per week. Each work location, whether on campus or remote, may support a flexible work schedule.
The focus of flexible scheduling is on finding the right balance to fit the varying needs of employees and teams while delivering on our missions of research, teaching and patient care.
View the Flexible Work Arrangement Policy for full details on various considerations, structure and support.
Considerations for Flexible Scheduling
- Determine if there is an opportunity to expand hours of operation.
- What is the impact on team collaboration if some employees start or leave earlier or later?
- What is the impact on customers?
- Are there any safety considerations?
- Does the work still get done?
- Do you have sufficient staffing coverage to allow for flexible schedules?