Washington University provides tuition assistance benefits to certain full-time employees to pursue Master’s Degree programs at the Goldfarb School of Nursing.
Only ten employees may be enrolled in this program at any time.
To be eligible for nursing tuition assistance benefits, an employee must:
- Be a full-time, benefits eligible employee of the University who is actively at work and has been continuously employed for one year prior to the first day of classes;
- Possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Hold a Registered Nurse (RN) licensure and be currently functioning in a clinical/research setting; and
- Be in good standing with the University in terms of overall performance and work record.
Description of Benefit
Eligible employees whose application has been approved by the employee’s manager and HR and who have been accepted for admission into the MSN program by Goldfarb will have the following benefits:
- The University will pay 50% of the tuition costs directly to Goldfarb. The employee is responsible for the remaining 50% of tuition costs. All payment arrangements will be handled by HR.
There is no benefit provided under this program for PhD/DNP level nursing courses.
To Apply for the Program
- Complete the Graduate Nursing Tuition Application Form (PDF) and return it to HR by the deadline stated on the form. The application must be reviewed and approved by the employee’s manager and HR.
- Apply for admission to Goldfarb School of Nursing by their application deadline.
Forms and applications are reviewed simultaneously by HR and Goldfarb. HR only reviews applications that have been approved by the employee’s manager and approves them on a first come, first serve basis. Up to twenty eligible employees who have met both HR and Goldfarb criteria are selected for enrollment in the program. Confirmation of selection will be given to the employee and HR by the Goldfarb admissions office.