O U R V I S I O N
Washington University Human Resources will be a strategic partner in delivering the university’s missions through an unwavering focus on the people who make it great.
O U R M I S S I O N
Washington University Human Resources fosters a valuable employee experience focused on integrated and holistic well-being. We empower people to thrive, personally and professionally.
The Washington University Employee Experience
As HR embarked on a transformational roadmap, a customer-centric framework was developed to help align our HR functions and goals with a core holistic well-being and employee engagement strategy.
The employee experience framework includes five areas of focus, concentrating on the dynamic relationship between all facets of well-being and the diverse needs of people. The employee experience spans many important areas, including work-life integration, growth and development, physical and mental health, financial well-being and a vibrant, inclusive culture and community. This framework embraces helping people thrive, personally and professionally, and empowers employees to engage, take care of themselves and their families, achieve success in a meaningful career and live out their life’s purpose at WashU.
Mind/Body – enable employees to focus on their personal health and wellness.
Financial well-being – provide support and education for a sound financial future.
Work-Life support – help employees achieve balance in their work and personal life, from family care to employee assistance program to time off and leave.
Inclusive culture and vibrant community – foster a diverse and inclusive culture that is engaging and focused on pride, purpose, appreciation, recognition and belonging.
Learning and development – empower employees to learn, grow and excel in their career.
- Develop a model process to find great people, resulting in a diverse and highly skilled workforce.
- Strengthen Washington University employee engagement in the delivery of university’s missions.
- Develop great leaders and managers to exemplify WashU values, inspire employee engagement and creatively meet business challenges.
- Create a strong and capable HR organization which acts as a strategic partner to the organization, understands its needs and challenges and delivers the right solutions.
- Support efforts to create a diverse and inclusive culture.