Our UHC Nurse Advocate, Bridgette Sims, provides confidential assistance for all WashU employees or their dependents.
Your personal information will not be shared with your employer. All of your personal health information will be protected in accordance with HIPAA.
Note: For questions about medical or pharmacy claims, please contact the number on the back of your ID card or the Benefits Service Center: 314-935-2332 or HR-BenefitsMail@wustl.edu
Ways the Nurse Advocate can help you and your family:
- Finding a primary or specialty care provider for yourself or a dependent; connecting to WUdirect designated physicians
- Understanding your biometric screening results (bring your results to discuss)
- Managing emerging or ongoing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and asthma in between your doctor visits
- Connecting with United Healthcare condition management programs focused on diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, asthma, and behavioral health
- Navigating United Healthcare tools and resources (e.g. MyUHC and AbleTo apps or LiveandWorkWell.com or PsychHub.com)
- Preparing for a physician office visit or hospital stay
- Connect to resources for family planning, maternity and post-partum needs
- Blood pressure, weight and body mass index (BMI) screenings