United Healthcare Nurse Advocate
Dedicated to WashU Employees
Bridgette Sims, BSN, RN
Hello! I am excited to be your new UnitedHealthcare Nurse Advocate. I bring over 30 years of nursing experience with 5 years in management. I have one cool son, Joshua. I enjoy watching old detective shows, discovering great reads in libraries and bookstores, shopping and all things Forest Park!
Bridgette provides confidential assistance for all WashU employees or their dependents. None of your personal information will be shared with your employer. All of your personal health information will be protected in accordance with HIPAA.
Here are some ways the Nurse Advocate can help you and your family:
- Finding a primary or specialty care provider for yourself or a dependent; connecting to WUdirect designated physicians
- Understanding your biometric screening results (bring your results to discuss)
- Managing emerging or ongoing health conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and asthma in between your doctor visits
- Connecting with United Healthcare condition management programs focused on diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, asthma, and behavioral health
- Navigating United Healthcare tools and resources (e.g. MyUHC and Sanvello apps or LiveandWorkWell.com or PsychHub.com)
- Preparing for a physician office visit or hospital stay
- Connect to resources for family planning, maternity and post-partum needs
- Blood pressure, weight and body mass index (BMI) screenings
For questions regarding UnitedHealthcare medical claims, please contact Member Services at 800-382-2599 or login to your MyUHC.com account.
Take Charge of Your Health Condition
Learn more about common chronic health conditions and get support to take care of your needs.
Choose Your Care
Check. Choose. Go.
Compare quick care options to help keep costs down. Learn more.
Access care from a doctor by video 24/7 for conditions such as allergies, bronchitis, eye infections, sore throats and more. Follow these steps:
- Login to myuhc.com
- Select “Find Care & Costs”
- Select “Virtual Care”
- Select “24/7 Virtual Visits – Get Started”
For a behavioral health virtual visit, see below.
Support for Your Pregnancy
The United Healthcare Maternity Support program provides you with a maternity nurse for help with:
- Choosing a doctor or nurse midwife and finding a pediatrician or other specialist
- Information to help you take care of yourself and your baby
- Emotional support before and after your baby is born
Call 877-201-5328 or enroll online.
Why is UHC Calling?
Washington University UnitedHealthcare plan members may be eligible for Disease Management programs that address:
Program managers will reach out to members regarding their diagnosis, treatment options and physician referrals. The goal is to empower members to make better decisions about their health and manage their chronic illness well.
Message a dedicated therapist anytime, anywhere, 24/7. Therapists respond daily, five days a week. Schedule live video sessions, when needed. Your cost will reflect the behavioral health office visit benefit according to the plan you are on. You may use your FSA or HSA money to assist in paying your portion. Learn more at talkspace.com/connect.
Mental/Behavioral Health Support
UHC Behavioral Health Benefit
UnitedHealthcare members can access 24/7 support for a range of needs, including counseling, medication management and substance abuse recovery services. Your Behavioral Health benefit provides confidential help for those everyday challenges and for more serious problems.
Call member services 24/7 at (800) 382-2599 or log into myuhc.com and follow these steps:
- Select: “Find Care & Costs”
- Select: “Behavioral Health Directory”
- Select: “People”
Or if you prefer to connect with a provider from the comfort of your home at a time that is convenient for you, you can schedule a mental health virtual visit. Continue on after selecting “People”:
- Select: “Virtual Care”
Sanvello Mobile App
Download the Sanvello mobile app for help with stress, anxiety, and depression. Learn more (video)
Dig deeper into mental health topics that are important to you with these short videos from PsychHub. Watch the videos here.
Sign in to the Demo for an overview of the member experience, highlighting differentiating features of the Talkspace platform and services.