WashU created the WUDirect network to provide WashU health plan participants with preferred access to world-class WashU physicians when scheduling their initial appointment.
- All medical plan options offer lower office visit copays and/or coinsurance when using WUDirect physicians. Learn more on the benefits table.
- Employees and dependents enrolled in a WashU health plan receive priority access for an initial appointment with WashU’s network of 1,300 physicians.
- Choose a WUDirect physician and most initial appointments can be scheduled within 14 days. Although every effort is made to provide access to specific physicians and locations, you likely will be asked to take the first available physician and/or location to ensure your initial appointment is timely.
- Note: Initial Primary Care Physician practice appointments are an exception to the two week timeframe and WashU Psychiatry may not always be able to schedule within the 14-day window, but the WUDirect discounted co-pays or co-insurance are offered.
To schedule a new patient visit with a specialty (other than psychiatry)
- Choose a provider from the list of specialty areas, including LGBTQ+ specialists.
- Call the provider’s office directly and request a WUDirect appointment.
Most initial appointments are scheduled within two weeks or less. If the specialty requires a primary care provider referral, patient records, and/or pre-appointment testing in advance of the appointment, scheduling may take longer.
Please note that the two-week timeframe applies to the first available appointment with any provider at any location in the specialty. You may request a particular physician or location, but the two week timeframe may not apply. If the scheduler for a specialty provider is unable to provide you an appointment within two weeks, please call 314-747-6500 during normal business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to provide the physician’s name and specialty, along with the scheduled appointment date. The WUDirect representative will contact the provider’s office to assist you in securing a more timely appointment.
WUDirect also includes WUCare, a dedicated adult primary care practice for employees and dependents (age 18+) covered under a WashU health plan, and other pediatric and adult primary care providers. For more information and to schedule an appointment with WUCare, call 314-747-5900 or visit WUCare.
To schedule an appointment with another participating WUDirect primary care provider, including a pediatric primary care provider, please contact the office directly to see if the practice is currently accepting new patients. Initial primary care appointments may not be available within two weeks of the date you call; however, the WUDirect discounted copays and coinsurance are offered. University Personal Physicians is a concierge practice and does not participate in WUDirect.
Schedule a new patient visit with Physical Therapy
Schedule a new patient visit for Psychiatry
Call 314-286-1700 or visit WashU Psychiatry.