Schedule an appointment with a MyWay to Health Consultant to create an individualized plan for adopting the 8ight Ways to Wellness. Our experts provide sound advice and accountability to help you take charge of your well-being. Our holistic approach focuses on nutrition, weight management, sleep, stress and physical activity.
- 12-month weight management program featuring weekly support from a dedicated Registered Dietitian. This is a behavior-based individualized program to help participants achieve healthy eating and physical activity goals. Read more about the program here.
- New enrollments take place in January, April, July, and October. Capacity is limited, participation is subject to availability. Participation criteria: benefits-eligible WashU employee with a BMI of 25.0 or greater.
Benefits-eligible employees can schedule up to four wellness sessions annually. Consultants are currently available by phone or Zoom. If needed, language translation services are available free of charge.
- Our goal is to continue to offer evidence-based wellness support from WashU experts for all of our benefits-eligible employees at a time when our health and well-being is even more critical.
New Virtual Presentations
Workshops & Events
Open to all WashU employees regardless of participation in individualized wellness consulting.
See the full list of virtual Wellness Workshops.
About the MyWay to Health Program
MyWay to Health is an on-site employee wellness program developed by leading experts in health and wellness at WashU. Deeply rooted in scientific evidence, expert opinion, and 25 years of research, MyWay to Health provides sound advice, as well as guidance and tips to help you take charge of your well-being.
Mission and Goals
Our mission is to help individuals champion strengths, overcome barriers, and create supportive networks to improve their health and quality of life. Combining individualized wellness consulting with online tools and educational resources, you will learn to make personalized lifelong changes to your health.
The program is designed to help you:
- Set goals to improve your health and well-being
- Monitor your weight and other important health measures
- Improve the nutritional quality of your diet
- Build routines for regular physical activity
- Establish healthy sleep, stress, and emotion management practices
- Enhance personal motivation, self-esteem, and body image
- Foster a supportive network at home, in your community, and at work
- Become an advocate for a well-balanced healthy lifestyle
MyWay to Health at Washington University is a voluntary wellness program available to benefits-eligible employees. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer-sponsored wellness programs that seek to improve employee health or prevent disease, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as applicable, among others.
If you are unable to participate for MyWay to Health to earn an incentive, you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or an alternative standard. You may request a reasonable accommodation or an alternative standard by contacting Wellness Connection at email@example.com or by calling (314) 935-3654.
The information from your HRA and participation in the program will be used to help you understand your current health and potential risks, and may also be used to offer you services through MyWay to Health. You are encouraged to share your results or concerns with your own doctor.
Unless specifically authorized by you, or legally required, MyWay to Health will not release any personally identifiable data. MyWay to Health uses aggregate data to produce reports for Washington University. This data cannot be used to identify any individuals. Washington University uses aggregate data to better understand the needs of their organization and to design appropriate health improvement programs to meet those needs.
MyWay to Health is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your personally identifiable health information. Your health information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or otherwise disclosed except to the extent permitted by law to carry out specific activities related to the wellness program. You will not be asked or required to waive the confidentiality of your health information as a condition of participating in MyWay to Health or receiving an incentive.
MyWay to Health is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your personally identifiable health information. Please be aware that we must break this confidentiality if you share any intention to harm yourself or others or if you report the abuse of a child or an elderly person.