This month I’d like to recognize each and every Wellness Champion in our network. I’m so proud of our group and the good work they’ve been doing. In 2018:
- Our network increased by 24 new champions;
- We established a Leadership group, which planned training presentation topics for the 2019 quarterly meetings and are working on goals for the coming year;
- Dozens of champions volunteered at Wellness Connection flu shot clinics and Health Happenings;
- Several of our champions hosted focus groups and many provided feedback, which has been instrumental in planning our strategy going forward; and
- Champions continually participate in and promote wellness programming. In one notable example, the appointment rate for one of our mammogram van events TRIPLED after they were asked to get the word out.
Our champions consistently show up and step up to help communicate Wellness Connection programming and cultivate a culture of wellness here at WashU. To learn more about the Wellness Champion program and upcoming meetings, visit our website: https://hr.wustl.edu/wellness-connection/champions/.