Wellness Connection Champions are WashU employees who are passionate about fostering a culture of wellness here at the University. Champions work with Wellness Connection to personalize the employee wellness experience.
Wellness Connection Champions are a diverse network of volunteers who represent the larger WashU community. We welcome differences in our champions in the form of race, ethnicity, disability or genetic information, neurodiversity, geography, socioeconomic status, age, political views, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and job roles & responsibilities.
ANNOUNCE: Be visible in your role to your colleagues, department, and supervisors. Serve as a wellness spokesperson for your area.
LISTEN: Understand the unique needs of your colleagues and department.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE: Promote and participate in programs and events. Advocate for a workplace culture of well-being.
SHARE: Share your successes and provide feedback from colleagues.
- Have a general interest in health & wellness, and fostering a culture of well-being in your work area;
- Be in good standing with the University and your department;
- New hires have completed their 6-month probationary period; and
- You’ve discussed this role with your supervisor and they support your participation during the workday.
Champions typically dedicate 1-3 hours each month to their role:
- Attend at least 2 of the quarterly luncheon meetings to learn about Wellness Connection initiatives;
- Participate in and promote Wellness Connection programs to your colleagues; and
- Work with Wellness Connection to personalize wellness for your department’s unique needs.
Wellness Connection Champions provide feedback and influence future Wellness Connection initiatives.
Wellness Connection Champions connect with a community of like-minded people who understand the importance of a healthy work culture.
Wellness Connection Champions attend quarterly luncheons to learn about current & future wellness programs.
Wellness Connection Champions develop leadership & communication skills by serving as a voice of wellness in their department.
Wellness Connection Champions stay informed of programs and communicate work-site wellness opportunities to their colleagues.
Wellness Connection Champions compassionately listen to their colleagues and refer them to Wellness Connection programs.
Wellness Connection Champions improve awareness of wellness programs and enhance a culture of health in the workplace.
Wellness Connection Champions help spread the word about employee wellness opportunities.
There are many different ways to champion a culture of wellness in your department. Wellness Connection can work with you and your supervisor to personalize wellness for your area. By including supervisors in the application process, we open a line of dialogue to discuss the benefits of having a Champion in the office and to meet the unique needs of your department.
Champions sign on for an initial 2-year term and then renew on an annual basis. Applications are accepted year-round; submit your partnership agreement today!
Become a Wellness Connection Champion:
- Talk with your supervisor about your interest in the program; then
- Submit your completed partnership agreement.
NOTE: Submission of a partnership agreement triggers an email to your supervisor, asking them to approve your participation in the program. Once your supervisor confirms their support, you will be welcomed aboard and receive the support & tools needed to begin your role as a Wellness Connection Champion.