What is Worldwide Wellness?
What if you could travel the world without needing a passport, packing a suitcase, or boarding a plane? Well, now you can (sort of) in Worldwide Wellness. With this virtual trip, you’ll:
- Travel around the world, stopping at amazing hot spots as you record health behaviors
- View postcard-perfect images and bet-you-didn’t descriptions
- Build well-being habits that last long after your world-wide tour is over
When does the program start?
Registration opens February 16; you may begin recording data Monday, March 6. All participants must be registered and teams formed by Friday March 10. This friendly competition will end Sunday, April 16, but you may update activity until both team and individual scores freeze on April 21.
How does it work?
Each day you’ll visit a new attraction, earning points and pins as you record physical activity, meaningful connections, and active relaxation. And you’ll answer a fun trivia question, learn about each attraction, and collect badges.
What is the goal?
In this 6 week tour, your Worldwide Wellness goal is to aim for 150 points (25+ points/ week) be recording physical activity, meaningful connections, and active relaxation.
What health practices count toward the goal?
- Physical Activity: Earn points for recording at least 4,000 steps. Log steps manually or connect an activity tracker on your Settings page. Use the Step Converter to record activities not accurately measured with a tracking device, such as swimming, cycling, rowing, etc.
- Meaningful Connection: Meaningful connections are made when there’s full engagement between people, individually or in small groups, where you’re completely tuned into them and they are to you. Check the box if you had at least 1 meaningful connection.
- 15-20 Minutes of Active Relaxation: Don’t shut your mind down; just switch channels for a few minutes so when you come back, you’re refreshed and ready to refocus. Simply changing the scenery, heading to a quiet room, or closing your eyes and listening to music will qualify. Check the box if you had 15-20 minutes of active relaxation.
Who can participate?
All benefit eligible employees are able to participate. From the alpine peaks in Poland to the Great Pyramids of Giza, you’ll enjoy breathtaking images while learning about some of the world’s most treasured attractions.
What are the trivia questions?
Each day after you’ve logged at least 1 health behavior, you’ll have the chance to test your knowledge of must-see attractions. Don’t worry…they’re no points, so no pressure.
How do the activity trackers/ apps sync to my Worldwide Wellness account?
After you register and connect a device or app to your Worldwide Wellness account, it’s simple. Just put on your device in the morning, then each time you sync it with your computer or app and log into your Worldwide Wellness account, you can see your steps add up.
Can I log manually if I’m using a tracking device?
Even if you have a device connected in Worldwide Wellness, you can still manually record steps:
- Go to the Log drawer
- Under Log, click Edit (by Steps), then enter the number of steps, and click Save
- To revert to device tracking, click Sync
If my activity isn’t accurately measure with a tracker – like cycling – how do I count steps?
Just use the Step Converter in the Log drawer. Enter the activity and minutes, then Worldwide Wellness does the conversion for you.
How do I get credit for my everyday movement if I’m not using a tracking device?
You’ve recorded your dedicated exercise minutes, but what about your movement throughout the day? You can manually add 2000-4000 steps for incidental movement each day, based on how active you were:
- 2000 steps: I mostly stayed at my workstation except for occasional breaks
- 3000 steps: I moved a moderate amount, getting away from my workstation for short walks several times
- 4000 steps: I moved a lot, with frequent short walks to perform my job
How does team participation work?
You have until Friday, March 10 to form a team of 4-20 members. The team competition will end April 16, so be sure to complete logging by April 21 to have your activity count towards your team’s score.
In this friendly throw-down, teams challenge each other to see who can top the leaderboard. Although you can participate on your own, it may be the most fun part of this world-wide tour. Scores are based on the team’s average points, plus Thrive Thursday challenges (1 bonus point/ team member each week). Each person’s individual contribution affects the team score, so gather a group who will encourage and support each other along the way.
Why do I want to be on a team?
It’s fun! Plus, joining with others striving for similar goals keeps you accountable – and doubles your chances of success. So start or join a team with members close by, across the hall, or around the world – the most important thing is to recruit others who are motivated to be active and healthy.
What are Thrive Thursdays?
If you’re on an official team, you’ll find an additional activity in your Thursday morning email and on the Team page – an everyday task to complete before midnight CT to earn a bonus point toward your team score.
If I have a disability, can I still participate in Worldwide Wellness?
Yes; Worldwide Wellness‘ self-paced, flexible design fits people of all abilities. If walking isn’t possible, be as active as you can in whatever ways you enjoy. If you’re unsure which activities are best, check with your healthcare provider. The National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability offers specific ideas.
In Worldwide Wellness, you can get credit for activities that don’t track steps by using the Step Converter in the Log drawer. If your activity isn’t listed, estimate your total steps based on the closest in intensity (light, moderate, vigorous). An odometer can guage distance in a wheelchair; 5 miles of pushing generally equals 10,000 steps (2000 steps/ mile).
Is there a mobile app?
Log activity, view recipes, visit attractions and track your team – right from the palm of your hand. The Worldwide Wellness mobile app automatically syncs with your online account…just log in using the same email and password.
What if I have questions about the program?
Use the Contact link at the bottom of each website page. A Worldwide Wellness representative will respond within 1 business day.