“Rise Up for Heroes” – A Message from Saint Louis Civic, Sports and Business Sectors to Honor Frontline Heroes
Every day our community is witnessing exceptional acts of heroism by those fighting the battles created by the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic. From the thousands and thousands of brave healthcare workers to the staffs at your local grocery and pharmacy, the first responders, transportation employees, postal and delivery personnel, teachers and so many more, our region is being driven by the courage and heart of these brave souls.
In response, St Louis civic, sports and business leaders have joined to launch Rise Up For Heroes, an initiative to rally the St Louis community in a region-wide expression of thanks and support for all those on the frontline.
Rise Up For Heroes is asking everyone in the St Louis community to come together, stand together and salute our frontline heroes as one each night at 7 pm. Whether it is stepping outside one’s home, standing on one’s porch or opening a window to express gratitude and respect, the goal is to let everyone know that St Louis applauds the bravery and commitment for those who are sustaining the health and well being of everyone in the St Louis metropolitan area.
Louie and Fredbird, respectively representing the St Louis Blues and St Louis Cardinals will kick off the program by leading a small caravan over several nights to inspire and showcase St Louis’ collective gratitude for those in the center of the battle.
The program asks the community to join in the following ways:
- Rise up each night at 7 pm throughout the St Louis region-in Missouri and Illinois by coming outside to express your gratitude to the frontline heroes in the COVID-19 battle.
- Contribute to the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, which is serving a wide group of local agencies stepping up to support those with the greatest needs. Visit RiseUpForHeroes.org to donate
- Sign up to donate blood if you are eligible to help the American Red Cross avoid more dramatic shortages in the coming months. Visit redcrossblood.org
- Show other expressions of support by visiting RiseUpForHeroes.org posting videos and photos, developing signs, displaying blue lights, placing bears in your windows or other forms of thanks to magnify our appreciation.
- Follow the guidelines of the local health officials to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
Special note: share a photo or video on social, tagging #WashUTogether. We can post it on our digital signage and “messages of hope” webpage.
Collectively, our community will Rise Up and show our strength and our heart as we honor the region’s heroes.
Rise up for Heroes Announcement