Career and Job Search Tools
- Resumes Resources (Career Center Website)
- What Do Employers Look for in a Resume?
- Chronological Resume (PDF)
- Top 10 Cover Letter Writing Tips
- Cover Letters Resources (Career Center Website)
- Purpose of a Cover Letter and Format Example (PDF)
- Interviewing Skill (Career Center Website)
- Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Big Interview: Practice your Interview Skills
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Through all stages of your planning, write everything down using the Individual Development Plan (IDP). Record, track, and evaluate goals, decisions, and actions. Note important contacts and resources. Enlist your supervisor and others as co-authors of your plan. We encourage you to ask your manager to work with you on your IDP at least twice annually.
Career Consultation Service
WUCareerDevelopment provides free, comprehensive career advising with trained professionals.
- Meet one-on-one with a career development specialist.
- Explore your career interests, skills, and values.
- Learn how to acquire new skills and experiences for career advancement.
- Learn about career paths and jobs at Washington University.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and job interviews.
- Attend follow-up workshops.
- Explore networks within and outside the university.
- Wellness Connection
Delivers wellness initiatives that meet employees where they are, while fostering holistic growth: physically, emotionally, financially, socially and spiritually.
- Work-Life Solutions, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Offers free, confidential, 24/7 support, resources and information.
- The You Behind WashU Series
Join informal networking sessions that inform employees about different departments and units at Washington University, including current and new skill sets, and other job requirements sought by hiring managers.