Human Resources offers to employees WUCareerDevelopment, a consultation service designed to help employees develop skills and identify experiences that will assist them in advancing their careers. The goal of the service is to provide information and assistance to managers and non-managerial staff interested in identifying and pursuing new or different career paths at the university.
- Understanding the importance of personal career interests, skills and workplace values that are consistent with the mission and goals of the university
- Identifying methods of acquiring desired skills and experiences needed for career advancement
- Learning about the current career paths and jobs at WashU and WUSM
- Writing/reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Networking within and outside the institution
- Preparing for the best interview
It is important to note that career development is the responsibility of the employee. The role of the career development specialist is to help current employees develop and meet their career goals through facilitation and guidance. Meeting with a career development specialist does not guarantee a new job offer. HR recruiters on both campuses will continue to be the main contact for employees looking for immediate placement into open positions.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you.