Join us for an exciting WashU football tailgate event! The Office of Human Resources, in partnership with the Division of Student Affairs and WashU Athletics, is excited to announce a pre-event tailgate at the WashU vs. North Park football game on Saturday, Sept. 30.
This football game falls on Military Appreciation Day and will include special recognition of WashU employees with veteran or active military status.
Game day details
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023. Tailgate and game will be held rain or shine.
- Time: Tailgate kicks off at 11:30 a.m. and will end at 12:45 to prepare for the 1 p.m. start time.
- Concessions: All vendors inside the stadium are cashless.
- Parking: Weekend parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in Visitor and Yellow permit-designated spaces, and ADA accommodations can be found at the Snow Way Garage. Large recreational vehicles cannot be accommodated in our parking spaces. For more information, visit parking.wustl.edu/.
Attendees can look forward to:
- Reserved tailgate section: Exclusive space for employees and guests to kick off the excitement before the game, including yard games, music, children’s table activities, and more! We have space in front of Sumers Recreation Center reserved, as well as parking lot #31. View tailgate map (PDF).
- Food & drink as supplies last: Steve’s Hot Dogs will serve hot dogs, burgers, chips and selection of non-alcoholic beverages. Mac and cheese will be available for any picky eaters.
- Spotlight moments: Employees will be featured on the video board and welcomed at the stadium, as will our colleagues with veteran or active military status.
- Preserve memories: WashU’s bear mascot will be available for selfies and photos, and a campus photographer will be on-site to capture and immortalize this experience.
- Bookstore discounts: Show your WashU ID badge for a 20% discount at the WashU bookstore, which will be open Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- WUPD Puppies: Come play with Bear and Brookie before cheering on the WashU Bears!
Helpful hints for the ballgame
Re-entrance: Guests are permitted to leave and re-enter the facility at any point; however, a ticket must be presented to the ticket office on re-entrance.
This list is designed as a guide to assist guests with understanding operations for home athletic events. Athletic Department personnel reserves the right to interpret and address specific applications of the guidelines, and guest behavior, in order to provide a safe environment for everyone in attendance. Failure to comply with stadium policies may result in refused admission or removal from the facility:
- Animals (except for assistive purposes)
- Artificial noisemakers (air horns, thunder-sticks, whistles, etc.)
- Banners/signs larger than 2’x3’ (must reflect good sportsmanship and may not be on a pole, or affixed to any part of the facility)
- Bikes/scooters/skateboards, etc.
- Commercial-grade audio/visual equipment
- Outside food and beverage (a factory sealed water bottle, or food for medical purposes is permitted with approval of operations staff)
- Weapons/firearms (includes those carried with a permit)
If you have questions, please contact the HR Employee Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.