Under the Washington University Policy on Discrimination and Harassment
- Complaints against staff alleging a violation of the Policy on Discrimination and Harassment must be submitted to the Office of Institutional Equity, Office of Human Resources, or submitted through the Confidential Concern Portal (https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/57349/index.html).
- Complaints should be filed within a timely fashion to ensure access to pertinent information necessary to fully investigate the complaint.
- Complaints should include all key facts, including dates, witnesses, etc.
- Generally, the Office of Human Resources or Institutional Equity will acknowledge receipt of the written complaint. When the complaint alleges facts that would be sufficient to breach the Policy, the Office of Institutional Equity will conduct an investigation of the complaint and notify the person whom the complaint (respondent) is against. The Office of Institutional Equity will provide a response to both the complainant and respondent directly. Generally the response will be issued within 30 business days from the date on which the complaint was filed.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution, the complainant may within 5 business days request further review by the Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and Institutional Equity. The Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and Institutional Equity (or designee) will review the prior investigation record and, if they deem appropriate, conduct further investigation. The Vice Chancellor will provide a written response to the complainant, with a copy to the respondent as appropriate, ordinarily within 15 business days.