Under the Washington University Policy on Discrimination and Harassment
- Formal complaints against staff must be submitted in writing to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources.
- Complaints should be filed within a timely fashion to ensure access to pertinent information necessary to fully investigate the complaint.
- Complaints should include all key facts, including dates, witnesses, etc.
- Complaints should be filed within a timely fashion to ensure access to pertinent
- HR will acknowledge receipt of the written complaint and will notify the person whom the complaint (respondent) is against within 5 business days.
- HR will conduct an investigation of the complaint and will provide a response to both the complainant and respondent directly. Generally the response will be issued within 30 business days from the date on which the complaint was filed.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution, the complainant may within 5 business days request further review by the Vice Chancellor for Human Resources. The Vice Chancellor will review the prior investigation record and, as s/he deemsappropriate, conduct further investigation. The Vice Chancellor will provide a writtenresponse to the complainant, with a copy to the respondent, ordinarily within 15business days.