MyWay to Health is an on-site employee wellness program developed by leading experts in health and wellness at WashU. Deeply rooted in scientific evidence, expert opinion, and 25 years of research, MyWay to Health provides sound advice, as well as guidance and tips to help you take charge of your well-being.
Our mission is to help individuals champion strengths, overcome barriers, and create supportive networks to improve their health and quality of life. Combining individualized wellness consulting with online tools and educational resources, you will learn to make personalized lifelong changes to your health.
The program is designed to help you:
- Set goals to improve your health and well-being
- Monitor your weight and other important health measures
- Improve the nutritional quality of your diet
- Build routines for regular physical activity
- Establish healthy sleep, stress, and emotion management practices
- Enhance personal motivation, self-esteem, and body image
- Foster a supportive network at home, in your community, and at work
- Become an advocate for a well-balanced healthy lifestyle
How Our Program Works
MyWay to Health offers three unique opportunities to engage in employee wellness:
- Individualized Consulting: Starting in the spring of 2019, schedule up to four wellness sessions annually with a MyWay to Health Wellness Consultant. Sessions are available in-person, online, or via telephone. Completing two individualized sessions will allow you to earn your $75 pre-paid Visa card as part of the 2019 Wellness Connection Rewards Program.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your first appointment.
- Participants must complete at least one session by September 30, 2019 to be eligible for the $75 Visa card reward.
- Online Tools: The MyWay to Health website offers wellness curriculum, topic-specific handouts, and secure messaging with your Wellness Consultant to guide you through your wellness journey.
- Gain access to our portal after your first appointment.
- Wellness Workshops: Bring wellness to life by attending a workshop to learn and connect with other employees. By applying the information you gain from these sessions, you can foster a supportive environment at home and work. Workshops are open to all Washington University employees regardless of participation in individualized wellness consulting.
We are excited to support you in achieving your wellness goals. Let’s work together to make lifelong changes!
Wellness consulting and online tools will be available to benefits-eligible Washington University employees only.
MyWay to Health is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your personally identifiable health information. Please be aware that we must break this confidentiality if you share any intention to harm yourself or others or if you report the abuse of a child or an elderly person.
MyWay to Health at Washington University is a voluntary wellness program available to benefits-eligible employees. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer-sponsored wellness programs that seek to improve employee health or prevent disease, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as applicable, among others. If you choose to participate in the wellness program you will be asked to complete a voluntary health risk assessment or “HRA” that asks a series of questions about your health-related activities and behaviors and whether you have or had certain medical conditions (e.g., cancer, diabetes, or heart disease). You are not required to complete the HRA to participate in the program.
Employees who choose to participate in two MyWay to Health Wellness Consulting sessions will earn a $75 Visa pre-paid gift card, which is considered to be taxable income.
If you are unable to participate for MyWay to Health to earn an incentive, you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or an alternative standard. You may request a reasonable accommodation or an alternative standard by contacting Wellness Connection at email@example.com or by calling (314) 935-3654.
The information from your HRA and participation in the program will be used to help you understand your current health and potential risks, and may also be used to offer you services through MyWay to Health. You are encouraged to share your results or concerns with your own doctor.
Unless specifically authorized by you, or legally required, MyWay to Health will not release any personally identifiable data. MyWay to Health uses aggregate data to produce reports for Washington University. This data cannot be used to identify any individuals. Washington University uses aggregate data to better understand the needs of their organization and to design appropriate health improvement programs to meet those needs.
MyWay to Health is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your personally identifiable health information. Your health information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or otherwise disclosed except to the extent permitted by law to carry out specific activities related to the wellness program. You will not be asked or required to waive the confidentiality of your health information as a condition of participating in MyWay to Health or receiving an incentive.