A non-appointee is an individual who is granted access to Washington University in St. Louis to use or observe laboratory or clinical facilities and equipment or other specialized resources, and is not employed by, contracted with or affiliated with its colleges or medical school as a student, staff or appointed faculty member. Washington University is committed to fulfilling its mission of providing educational and research opportunities.
This process fully resides in and is initiated through the business office of each department or school. The guidelines contained in this website are in place to ensure that the business offices and their leaders can lead this process and experience a successful outcome for all.
Affiliated Student Packet
Student: an individual with a documented affiliation agreement on file, receiving college credit for the time spent at the university on campus or remotely.
Visitor/observer: an individual granted access to the university to view facilities or procedures, not employed by or affiliated with the university as a student, faculty member or employee.
WashU’s Medical Apprenticeship programs provide on-the-job training as you work as an employee toward earning a national credential of a medical assistant or medical administrative position. Learn more online.
- Additional contacts (PDF)
- Certificate of Professional Liability – Risk Management (PDF)
- Department checklists (PDF)
- Code of conduct
- Drug screen/background check (PDF)
- Flu shot determination (PDF)
- HIPAA training access instructions (PDF)
- IRB requirements (only if conducting human subjects research):
– Human Subjects Training (CITI)
- Minors: Youth Protection Registration website
- OISS requirements:
– Short-term visitor visa info
– J-1 exchange visitor info
- Process flow chart (PDF)
- Quick reference chart (PDF)
- TB test determination (PDF)
- WashU Together: COVID-19 Response website
Single Forms within Packets
- Access statement (PDF)
- Affiliation acknowledgement form (PDF)
- BJC confidentiality form (PDF)
- WUSM confidentiality agreement (PDF)
- HRMS personal information forms (PDF)
- Non-appointee confidentiality and information security acknowledgement form (PDF)
- Occupational health forms: – Employee health questionnaire: 7 days or less on campus (PDF) – Occupational health form: more than 7 days on campus (PDF)
Please contact the appropriate business office or email the HR Non-Appointee team at email@example.com.