Within Year One (1)
The Management Fundamental Certificate (MFC) provides newly hired or newly promoted managers and supervisors with fundamental skills needed to successfully begin their leadership journey at the university.
In MFC managers and supervisors will learn effective ways to:
- Build productive relationships through candid and open conversations
- Ensure employees are treated consistently, fairly, and in compliance with employment law and Washington University policies
- Communicate expectations for performance and successful work habits
- Document performance effectively
- Foster culture that honors, values and respects diversity and inclusion
Please note that this certification program is for Washington University Directors, Managers, and Supervisors with direct reports who are WU employees.
First 90 Days
Six (6) Months to One (1) Year
- Civil Treatment for Leaders (8 hours/2 half-days)
- Essentials of Having Tough Conversations Successfully (8 hours)
- Diversity and Inclusion 3.0 – 4.0 (2 hours)
- Manager’s Guide to Effectively Documenting Employee Performance (2.5 hours)
- Supervisor Essentials (3.5 hours)
Note: If you have previously completed any of the course topics listed within the last five years through Learning and Development, you are not required to retake them, unless you desire to do so.
Email completed form to Shirley_Ikemeier@wustl.edu
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion recognizing the learner’s commitment to management and leadership development will be issued after the completion of all classes listed within this path.