Within Years Two (2) and Three (3)
The Leadership Development Certificate (LDC) is designed to help existing more experienced managers and supervisors sharpen their skills and build greater confidence by gaining additional core competencies to strengthen their ability to engage and lead more effectively.
LDC will help existing and experienced managers and supervisors to:
- Increase self-awareness about their personal leadership style, skills, and behaviors
- Become a champion of change and lead employees through change and uncertainty
- Create trust and build relationships with their teams
- Coach, develop, and inspire employees to continually improve their performance
Please note that this certification program is for Washington University Directors, Managers, and Supervisors with direct reports who are WU employees.
- Building Effective Teams: The Five Behaviors of a Highly Cohesive Team (2.5 hours)
- Effective Strategies in Recruitment and Selection (2.5 hours)
- Creative Thinking: Innovation Solutions to Complex Challenges for Leaders (3.5 hours)
- Effective Leadership Styles: Becoming an Extraordinary Leader (2.5 hours)
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence (3.5 hours)
- Leading with Resilience (3.5 hours)
- Manager as Coach: Developing Employee for Success Now and in the Future (3.5 hours)
- Strategic Performance Management Practices (4 hours)
- Successfully Leading Change (3.5 hours)
- For newly hired or newly promoted managers and supervisors: Completion of the Management and Leadership Fundamental Certificate.
- For existing, more experienced managers and supervisors: Completion of Manager’s Orientation, Civil Treatment for Managers, and Essentials of Crucial Conversations.
Note: If you have previously completed any of the course topics listed within this path through Learning and Development in the last five years, you are not required to retake courses, unless you desire to do so.
Email completed form to Shirley_Ikemeier@wustl.edu
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion recognizing the learner’s commitment to management and leadership development will be issued after the completion of all classes listed within this path.