Washington University offers resources and tips for child care, including access to child care facilities, as well as back-up care for children in the case of school closures, slight illness, etc.
Tips for your Child Care Search
- Start the process as early as possible. Quality providers tend to have long waiting lists, particularly for infants.
- Have a back-up plan for days when your regular child care is not available or your child is ill.
Child Care Facilities
Family Learning Center
840 Rosedale Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63112
- The FLC is located on the University’s North Campus and accommodates 156 children from six weeks to six years of age; operated by Bright Horizons
- Enrollment at the FLC is open to the children of University faculty, staff, and full-time graduate and professional students, as well as the children of benefits-eligible employees of the university’s basis services contractors.
- To schedule a tour or to get additional information, please contact the FLC at 314.935.5437
University City Children’s Center
6646 Vernon Avenue
University City, MO 63130
- Washington University partners with the UCCC and WashU community members receive priority access to the center. The UCCC’s mission is to partner with families of diverse backgrounds to nurture the growth and development of their children through inclusive, innovative, high quality care and education.
- For more information to schedule a tour, please contact Tameka Cook, Enrollment Director, at 314.726.0148 x 111 or contact her via email at email@example.com.
6926 Forest Park Parkway
St. Louis, MO 63130
- The Washington University Nursery School was founded in 1947 as a cooperative venture of faculty and the University and is located on the Danforth campus. The primary purpose is to provide the highest quality preschool program for children 2 years and 7 months to 5 years of age.
- Contact 314.935.6689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back-Up Care Advantage Program
- This program provides up to 15 uses per family per calendar year of back-up care when employees need to be at work and their regular child or elder/adult care is unavailable. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff, clinical fellows, post docs and full-time graduate and professional students are eligible for this program.
- The following services are available through this program: center-based back-up child care, in-home back-up and mildly ill child care, in-home back-up elder/adult care.
- To register or make reservations for care, contact Bright Horizons by phone at 877-242-2737 or by accessing Brighthorizons.com/advantage entering username “WUBACKUP” and password “BACKUP.”
- Work Life Solutions
Online: guidanceresources.com (Web ID: WASHU)
Find child care in your desired area, get information on availability and rates
- Child Care Aware of Missouri
Find state licensed child care by zip code and preferred setting (center, home, etc.).