|Dates Offered||Time||Location||Target Audience|
|October 26, 2022||12:00 – 1:30 p.m.||Virtual Classroom via Zoom||All WashU Staff|
Informational interviews are essential in helping you to find out more about areas and role you’re interested in at WashU. You may think you know all about a certain position, but speaking to someone directly gives you the opportunity to test your assumptions. Informational interviews give you exposure — a way to get yourself known and seen. The visibility may put you straight onto a short list, even if a position isn’t posted. The informational interview can be a great boost to your self-esteem. Doing the work helps to maintain your confidence as you cultivate your network. So whether you’re actively trying to change roles or just exploring different professional paths, the informational interview is so enriching and makes the journey towards success so much easier.
Monica Black Robinson
Career Development Specialist
An important note: Our goal in Learning and Development is to create the same level of rich engagement in our virtual classroom as we do in our in-person classes. Therefore, the day of the session:
- Ensure you’re in an environment that will allow you to participate fully! This will be an interactive session and your contribution is important.
- Turn off your email and phone notifications to avoid distractions.
- Be camera ready! Participants are expected to have their cameras on during the entire session.
- Have a pen and paper ready.
- Log in early to the session through the Zoom link.
Once registered in Learn@Work, you will receive a Zoom invitation for the date/time selected; instructions will be included in the invitation.
Contact Monica Robinson
All programs are subject to change.