|June 24, 2020||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Virtual Classroom via Zoom|
The global pandemic has affected all aspects of life. We’ve had to adjust how we work, how we socialize, and how we spend our time. Is it realistic to find happiness amid these trying times? What are some of the most effective ways to take care of our mental health at a time like this? Tim Bono, a lecturer in Psychological & Brain Sciences, will offer perspectives on these topics, drawn from his popular course on the Science of Happiness.
- How have you incorporated self-care into your daily life during these trying times?
- Have you picked up a new hobby, started a new workout program, or maybe attended a virtual happy hour?
We invite registrants to share their self-care routines – some of them will be included throughout the session. Please email your stories and photos to Shirley Ikemeier by June 22nd for Tim to use in his live webinar presentation. Please use the subject title: Happiness 101 Submission.
An important note: Our goal in Learning and Development is to create the same level of rich engagement in our virtual classroom as we do in our in-person classes. Therefore, the day of the session:
- Ensure you’re in an environment that will allow you to participate fully! This will be an interactive session and your contribution is important.
- Turn off your email and phone notifications to avoid distractions.
- Be camera ready! Participants are expected to have their cameras on during the entire session.
- Have a pen and paper ready.
- Log in early to the session through the Zoom link.
Once registered in Learn@Work, you will receive a Zoom invitation for the date/time selected; instructions will be included in the invitation.
Contact Shirley Ikemeier
All programs are subject to change.