|September 3, 2020||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Virtual Classroom via Zoom|
By now, you’re probably familiar with the basics of Zoom. If not, you need to take the Learning Zoom class on Linked In Learning. More and more organizations and employers are using Google, Zoom, Skype and others for interviews. Knowing the basics is a must in order to have digital interviewing skills that take you to the next level. As with in-person interviews, the key to video interviews is to “be confident and show them your true self. But while your goals are the same as in a traditional interview, there are a few differences in how you achieve them, and you want to make sure that your interviewer can focus on your best qualities and not whether they can hear you.
These tips will help you overcome the unique challenges inherent in video interviews. You will be able to put your best foot forward in Acing your Interview via Zoom.
Featured presenter: Monica Black Robinson, Career Development Specialist
- Ensure you’re in an environment that will allow you to participate fully! This will be an interactive session and your contribution is important.
- Turn off your email and phone notifications to avoid distractions.
- Be camera ready! Participants are expected to have their cameras on during the entire session.
- Have a pen and paper ready.
- Log in early to the session through the Zoom link that will be emailed prior to the session.
Once registered in Learn@Work, you will receive a Zoom invitation for the date/time selected; instructions will be included in the invitation.
Contact Shirley Ikemeier
All programs are subject to change.