Washington University will provide the tuition assistance described below for up to 20 university employees who are selected annually for enrollment in certain Goldfarb School of Nursing programs.
Tuition requests and Goldfarb applications will be accepted February 5 through February 23, 2018 for the Fall 2018 cohort.
To be eligible for such nursing tuition assistance benefits, the following requirements must be met:
- The employee must be a full-time benefits eligible, employee who currently holds an RN license and who has at least one year of continuous full-time service at the university. Such employee must be in good standing with the university in terms of overall work record and history of contribution and currently function in a clinical or research setting or role.
- The employee must receive a passing grade(s) at the conclusion of the term and remain in the employment of the university for at least one year for each term covered by this benefit. If the employee fails to fulfill the grade or service requirement, he or she will be required to re-pay the university the full amount of the tuition assistance benefits received.
Description of Benefit
For courses taken in an established nursing program at the Goldfarb School of Nursing, the following benefit applies:
For RNs seeking to complete a BSN:
- 100% tuition assistance paid directly to the Goldfarb School of Nursing for nursing courses taken under this program
For RNs with a BSN who seek to complete graduate level nursing courses (MSN, ANP level):
- 50 % tuition assistance paid directly from the university to the Goldfarb School of Nursing for nursing courses taken under this program. The employee is responsible for the remaining 50% of the tuition.
There is no benefit provided under this program for PhD/DNP level nursing courses.
Tuition assistance provided at the undergraduate level will be provided tax free to the employee. Tuition assistance provided at the graduate level is tax free up to $5,250 per calendar year. Assistance in excess of that amount will be subject to federal and state income tax.
To Apply for the Program
- Go to the Human Resources website for either campus or click on Benefits/Tuition Assistance.
- Complete the required tuition application form for the Nursing Tuition Program and return to the WUSM Human Resources Office by the deadline stated on the form.
- The Goldfarb College of Nursing will review application information and elect up to 10 university employees for enrollment in the MSN/ANP program. Confirmation of enrollment will be provided by the Goldfarb Admissions Office. All payment arrangements will be handled by the university’s Benefit Office.