WashU provides a choice of health plans; you choose the plan that meets your needs and those of your family:
- The Exclusive Provider Organization Plan (EPO)
- The Point of Service Plan (POS)
- The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP PPO)
- The Excel Preferred Provider Organization Plan (Excel PPO)
- The Basic Preferred Provider Organization Plan (Basic PPO)
All five plans provide coverage for the same medical and prescription drug services, as well as enrollment in the basic vision plan. How much you pay out-of-pocket in premiums, deductibles, copays and/or coinsurance varies by plan. The right plan for you will depend on your circumstances. The Example Medical Plan Scenarios above compare out-of-pocket costs for each plan under different circumstances.