Washington University in St. Louis is a great university because of the great people who work here. In recognition of the contributions and commitment of our staff, the university has established the following awards.
Gloria W. White Distinguished Service Award
The Gloria W. White Distinguished Service Award was established to provide recognition to a Danforth Campus non-academic staff member for exceptional effort and contribution that result in the betterment of Washington University. The award recognizes our staff members and acknowledges their effort and contribution. The announcement of the employee who will receive the Award and the check for $1,000 will be made during this year's Staff Day celebration.
2017 Gloria W. White Distinguished Service Award Nomination Form (pdf)
Previous recipients of the Gloria W. White Distinguished Service Award are:
Service Awards are presented to nonacademic staff for consecutive years of service during the Staff Day Program. Awards are made beginning with 10 years of continuous service and every five years thereafter.
Staff members recognized at the Staff Day 2014 awards ceremony for 26 or more years of service were:
- 26 years of service: Kathryn Anderson, Donna Boyd, June Buckner, Bradley Cagle, Charles Cummings, Phillip Gann, Bobby Golliday, Patrick Harkins, Rose Haynes, Susan Hosack, Phyllis Jackson, Gary Lee, Lenda Massie, Teresa Melton, Brenda Meyer, Cynthia Newell, Lindia Northington, Ronald Payne, Joseph Reid, Glennon Reitz, Kimberly Shilling, Garry Simburger, Steven Westlund, Rose Windmiller, Dale Wineinger, and Dana Yam.
- 30 years of service: Faye Douglas, Todd Hardt, Richard Heuermann, Patricia Howard, Ronald Janssen, Martin Olevitch, Marilyn Pollack, Barbara Rea, Susan Slavney, Carole Swindle, Karen Swiney, and Larry Turnbough.
- 35 years of service: Allen Rueter, Jane Schnettler, and Barbara Winters.
- 40 years of service: David Blasingame, Denise Doner, and Debra Jones.
- 45 years of service: Linda Ford and Carolyn Yarber.