Develop your public speaking and leadership skills at Toastmasters, an international public speaking club. Washington University hosts two Toastmasters clubs:
Toast of WU
meets at West Campus, Room 350, on Tuesdays from noon to 1 p.m. Please visit the Toast of WU website
to learn more.
meets at Danforth Campus in Umrath 140 (from May 17 - August 9), on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. More information regarding this club can be found at the WUSTL Speaks website.
WashU Med Masters meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. Meetings take place in the 2nd floor Conference Room 2057 of the Mid Campus Center (MCC, new building adjacent to MetroLink) on the Medical School Campus unless otherwise noted on this schedule. For information, please contact Ariana Jasarevic at Jasarevic_a@wustl.edu.
Toastmasters International is a learn-by-doing workshop. Participants give speeches, take leadership or evaluative roles at meetings, and are encouraged to run for club and district office positions. The club also offers opportunities to network with Toastmasters in the greater St. Louis area and around the globe at regional meetings and international conferences.
Some benefits of joining include:
• A communication manual with 10 self-paced speaking assignments (included)
• A leadership manual (included)
• Toastmasters magazine (included)
• Networking with other WUSTL employees
• Special training seminars at district conferences (free to members)
• Opportunity to participate in speaking competitions
• Improved public speaking, leadership, and job interview skills
Not sure about joining Toastmasters? Both clubs are open to any Washington University staff member. Guests are welcome at every meeting. Stop by, introduce yourself, and see what Toastmasters is all about!