Smart Choices: A Career Exploration Consultation Service
Human Resources is pleased to announce the introduction of “Smart Choices”, a new series of
consultation sessions designed to help employees develop skills and gain experiences that will assist
them in advancing their careers. The goal of the service is to provide information and assistance to
managers and non-managerial staff interested in identifying and pursuing new or different career
paths at the University.
- Understanding the importance of personal career interests, skills and workplace values that are consistent with the mission and goals of the University
- Identifying methods of acquiring desired skills and experiences needed for career advancement
- Learning about the current career paths and jobs at WUSTL and WUSM
- Writing/reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Networking within and outside the institution
- Preparing for the best interview
It is important to note that career development is the responsibility of the employee. The role of the
Smart Choices consultants is to help current employees develop and meet their career goals through
facilitation and guidance. Meeting with a Smart Choices consultant does not guarantee a new job
WUSM employees should contact Ivory Woodhouse, PHR, GCDF, Career Development Specialist, at
314-362-4986 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The WUSM recruitment team previously provided
some of the services that now will be provided by Ivory. WUSM recruiters will continue to be the main
contact for displaced employees.
WUSTL-Danforth Campus employees should contact Ariana Jasarevic, HR Consultant – Career
Development Specialist at 314-935-2729 or email@example.com. Ariana is also the Danforth campus
contact person for displaced employees.
HR recruiters on both campuses will continue to be the main contact for employees looking for
immediate placement into open positions.